If you’re like most consumers you don’t give too much thought to the parts of a refrigerator unless it stops running, or it is time to buy a new model. To ensure you get the most use possible out of this invaluable appliance it can be extremely useful to understand exactly how it keeps your food cool—and Choice Hawthorne Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Continue reading to learn what you need to know concerning how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the right time to connect with refrigerator repair Hawthorne.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find too many homes that don’t have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a standard household appliance for several years now. A household refrigerator stores your food at the optimal temperature, in order to stop rotting and slow down bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by transferring the warmth from the interior of the unit to the exterior, by using principles of condensation and evaporation.
The parts of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Choice Hawthorne Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is both a pump and a motor, and it’s necessary for circulation of refrigerant in the system.
A compressor is an important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should hire a professional company if the compressor isn’t working.
A refrigerator condenser is found on the rear exterior panel of the refrigerator and will help to disperse the warmth absorbed within the refrigerator then out in the air.
The evaporator is housed on the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs the warmth held within it, thereby lowering the interior temperature.
The moment an evaporator is not working, it is time to call a professional. You should not wait too long.
Liquid refrigerant is carried within a capillary tube that acts as an expansion tool as it cools the gas inside, thereby transforming it back into liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat helps regulate the temperature throughout the refrigerator, beginning a new cooling period when necessary.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is very prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and hire a technician in Hawthorne for repair right when an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature within the refrigerator is higher than the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to start, and then the cooling cycle begins. The refrigerator attracts the cool liquified refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor directs the heated gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils on the rear of the appliance, at which point it comes in contact with the lower air temperature in the kitchen and reverts to a liquified state.
3. The cool liquid then continues on its trip to the evaporator component, pushing through the coils in the inside of the appliance and top freezer.
4. The liquid absorbs the warm air from inside the appliance, reducing the temperature down to the optimal set point.
5. The liquid then evaporates, and turns back into a gas state, and returns to the refrigerator compressor to continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is found in quite a few applications and appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting heat from one location and then transferring it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling your house, creates a optimal space for perishable food, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of several different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need professional attention? You can schedule repair with Choice Hawthorne Appliance Repair.
Choice Hawthorne Appliance Repair can service all popular brands and models of refrigerators – including commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed appliance repairmen in Hawthorne complete training to fix issues with cooling, ice makers, condensation, water puddles and leaks, lighting, digital panels, smart functionality and countless other issues. We know all about refrigerator repair! Schedule now!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working